martedì 17 luglio 2007

Walking on eggshells!

Sheba from Gaza. 17/07/07. People outside keep asking me about the situation in Gaza and I do not have an answer to this question. Honestly, I don’t. It reminds me of walking on eggshells. Either you feel you are going to slip all the time or you are going to make it to the end breaking something underneath. On the exterior level, things in Gaza look good and dandy while on the interior level there are more of interweaved dilemmas that need solutions. I perceive a solution now; one that is finite, just and effective, as more of an illusion; something you think you see or get the core of and slips right through your fingers!

A complete separation between the West Bank and Gaza is a heart ache to every Palestinian. It is every Palestinian worst nightmare. Nevertheless, it happened and it sores me just to think of it while washing the dishes or bathing my kids. The duality of governments torments, I believe, many people’s imagination and old cornerstone beliefs. And the word legitimate loses its meaning for what is legitimate for some is illegitimate for others and legitimacy itself is all meaningless to the unemployed and needy or to the strongly and prejudicially affiliated. So we are now fooling ourselves with the good legal political talk. It is more chaos inside our consciousness than “knowing-it-all”. I think Carpe Diem strategy works best now for those who have some money for it might be as I said before temporary. Should it be the next Palestinian reality to be divided with a wide difficult-to-bridge gap, we will have more regrets than we ever thought we will.

http://contemplating-from-gaza.blogspot.com/2007/07/walking-on-eggshells-people-outside.html

Nessun commento: